Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Sunshine Cleaning"



When I told my sister I had rented "Sunshine Cleaning," she asked me if it's a girl movie, meaning she thought it was. "Well," I said, "it has girls IN it." After watching it, it is kind of a girl movie, but not the worst of its kind that I have seen before.

The film stars Amy Adams as Rose, a single mother raising a 10 year old son who can't hold a steady, well paying job. After a tip from her police officer lover Mac (Steve Zahn), she decides to recruit her slacker sister Norah (Emily Blunt) to start a company that cleans up crime scenes.

I'd always just kind of assumed the cops took care of the blood and gore at scenes of death, not some subcontractor, so whether this movie meant to or not, it made me think about that. It is about Rose's life, and how she struggles with her son, father, love life and job, so yeah, it is sort of a girl movie. I didn't dislike it either, it's just not the type of movie I usually watch. And my sister and I both agreed it did drag on a little long.

6 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment