Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New movie Tuesday

Alright, let's get a little update here on the state of movies in the Missions. Again, this week wasn't so stellar for new DVD releases. "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs," the third installment of the franchise and "Orphan," a scary looking horror film with a little girl to play the role of Damien in "The Omen." Last week saw the release of "The Proposal" on DVD and since it was in stock when I got there, I went with that for this week's selection. I know it's a chick flick but I could use some diversity on the site, so we'll see what kind of reaction you all have. I'll try to get a review up tomorrow.

In theaters, Thursday night is your last chance to see "Where the Wild Things Are" at the Polson Showboat and “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” at the Ronan Entertainer. “Couples Retreat” will run for another week in Polson. On Friday, the aforementioned two will be replaced by “Paranormal Activity” in Polson and “Michael Jackson: This is it” in Ronan. “Paranormal Activity” has gotten huge buzz since it’s release, and just was released nationwide. It is “Blair Witch Project”-esque in the sense that it is low budget and filmed with one handheld camera. Looks scary and should be a good Halloween movie. I’m sure the MJ movie will do well too. I’ll try to go see them, and “Couples Retreat” and get a review up soon.

With Halloween coming up on Saturday, it seems as good a time as ever to start a “scariest movies of all time” type of discussion. I won’t necessarily rent more movies, but talk about ones I’ve seen. I want to hear your opinions as well. Enjoy the week and go check out some flicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment